Monday, July 18, 2011

Review: Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter

Title: Uncommon Criminals
Author: Ally Carter <3
Hardcover, 298 pages
Published June 21st 2011 by Hyperion Book CH

Ahhhh. Where do I begin?
I remember reading Heist Society a loooong time ago, I remember listening to the audiobook of it quite a few times,
I remember loving this series.
But I didn't remember HOW MUCH.
I loved this book! I was so surprised and pleased to discover it is as good as the first one!, plus more adventures,
more truths, more lies, and oh so many incredibly kick-butt action!
The characters! Gosh the characters! I didn't recall them being this awesome!  they were all so clever, so smart.
It takes some (okay, a lot) of talent to write a book like this, and to my eyes, Miss Carter deserves an standing ovasion!
I can't even imagine how much time it took for her to plot all her characters' actions.
Each and everyone of the situations on this book were complicated and tricky at first only to be ended later in the most simplified way you could think of (or actually, never think of) these guys are teenagers after all, and trust them to find the answer to an exit problem using five hundred pigeons (not kidding, don't ask)
What I also loved about this second book is that it shows Kat's flaws. I mean I knew she had them, she knew she had them,
but it's nice to see them acknowledged. She can be a super kick ass thief, but she's also a fifteen year old girl who has normal problems while living an extraordinary life. And it was nice to see that.
And Hale, oh W. W. Hale the Fifth, how I love you! He kept the loyalness he has come to be known for.
He's awesome, you can tell he's deeply in love with Kat,
but he's not gonna take her crap, and I like that, he's fierce! reminds me of a GOOD Chuck Bass, utterly confident and careless in a way only the extra-rich and extra-handome are.
Every other character kick major butt in this one too. Gabrielle was cool in book 1, but I loved her in this one. And Nick, oh Nick I love you too <3 I just hope Miss Carter has something good prepared for him, cause in the short amount of pages he's been in, I've come to love him and wish him nothing but the best.
This book is incredible and I can't wait for the people at WB to give the green light so they can start turning this series into a movie! It'd be the ultimate action-packed, romance-full, funny-filled film I've ever hoped to watch!
PS. I'm still waiting for that story of when Hale and Kat met. Hopefully will find out in the next book. Oh and what does the W. W. mean? I bet Miss Carter has something good prepared for that revelation!
!!!!


And while we're at it, don't forget to vote HALE in the YA Crush Tourney.
Hale is awesome. You know you want him!
http://bit.ly/oq0ukn

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I really do need to order myself a copy of this - so many good reviews on it! Plus the cover is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover too!
    especially cause it's so accurate!
    Kat looks exactly like that!
    and there's a green gem there that also plays a very important part in the story ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!