Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday: In Honor

Weekly meme where we share our most anticipated releases 


This week's pick is:

(click on title to add to your goodreads lists)
by Jessi Kirby


Honor receives her brother's last letter from Iraq three days after learning that he died, and opens it the day his fellow Marines lay the flag over his casket. Its contents are a complete shock: concert tickets to see Kyra Kelly, her favorite pop star and Finn's celebrity crush. In his letter, he jokingly charged Honor with the task of telling Kyra Kelly that he was in love with her.

Grief-stricken and determined to grant Finn's last request, she rushes to leave immediately. But she only gets as far as the driveway before running into Rusty, Finn's best friend since third grade and his polar opposite. She hasn't seen him in ages, thanks to a falling out between the two guys, but Rusty is much the same as Honor remembers him: arrogant, stubborn. . . and ruggedly good looking. Neither one is what the other would ever look for in a road trip partner, but the two of them set off together, on a voyage that makes sense only because it doesn't. Along the way, they find small and sometimes surprising ways to ease their shared loss and honor Finn--but when shocking truths are revealed at the end of the road, will either of them be able to cope with the consequences?

___________________________________________

I've been reading a lot of books where the main character loses someone close to her, usually a brother or a sister, I don't know why, 
I guess I like to read about how different people cope with a situation like that.

This one sounds like Saving June, but I hope it'll be different,
with the cowboy feeling and the marines stuff, and a guy named Rusty <3

I have my hopes up already (:

4 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about her first book Moonglass, a book I've been meaning to read. This sounds good as well.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited for this one! Plus I'm so jealous of the cover model's outfit! I want those dress and shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pick!!! Im looking forward to read more contemporary books. With so many paranormal books, it feels so refreshing every time I read one contemporary story! =D

    great pick!

    Also, I have a greta giveaway in my blog.
    Come check it out if you want ^_^ it’s international! (thansk to the existence of Book Depository!)

    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn-giveaway.html

    My WoW
    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-pandemonium-by.html

    Happy reading =)

    New follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds very good and different from all these paranormal YA coming out. I was also told Saving June was a great read. I should read it soon.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!