Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Title: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Published January 2nd 2012 by Poppy
Goodreads || Amazon
______________________________________________


Well I was very excited for this book, and maybe that was my mistake and it's totally my fault for setting my expectations high. I don't want to say I'm dissapointed because it wasn't terrible, it was just not as great as I hoped.

TSPoLaFS is a quick read. Hadley is going to London to her dad's wedding. He left her and her mom for another woman and Hadley hadn't forgiven him. So it's only obvious she's not happy to be going to witness her dad's especial day.

I don't really get why Hadley is so mad at her dad because my parents are not divorced and if they one day decide to do it I would support them because that's what they want. But Hadley's 17 years old and she didn't expect that at all, so I'm sympathetic. So anyway, pissed off Hadley misses her flight and thanks to that, she gets to meet this incredible boy at the airport. His name's Oliver and he's charming and British, that's recipe for love there I tell you.

I liked Oliver when I read the book, but now that I think back, he wasn't really that memorable and I've come to wonder if I'm just too easy. Give me a British boy that has nice manners and is sociable and I'm instantly babbling about him on my blog, but then I forget his name the next day. I hope that doesn't happen with Oliver but somehow I don't think he'd be the exception. Oh and btw, I don't like boys who drink. ):

So anyway, the story is cool and the author really convinced me that Hadley and Oliver could have something especial. But if by now I've learned something about my reading tastes is that I really like to know everything about the characters I read about, I wanna be part of their lives and I want to know what happens to them. So I was not happy with only a 24-hour glimpse at Hadley and Oliver's lives. Their story got my interest and I would like to know more about them.

I also have to confess that the part when Hadley is not with Oliver, all that of her at the wedding and how she was mad at her dad and remembering all those stories... I kind of skipped most of that parts. Yeah I know shame on me, but the only thing I cared was the romance, and I swear I'm not like that all the time, it was just different with this book, that part of the story just didn't clicked with me, but I'm sure there's someone out there who might call it her favorite part.

To sum up, the story is quick, the main characters are interesting and the romance is cute. There's lots of family drama and there's growing up too. And major kudos for the last couple of pages, those were REALLY CUTE. I think I sighed out loud.



5 comments:

  1. I have heard mixed reviews about this one, but I still want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally! give it a try! it's cute and who knows you might love it

      Delete
  2. If it has a cute ending, I'm sold! I really want to read this one, but I'm trying to make myself less excited so I don't raise my expectations too high :) Great review!
    Book Light Graveyard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the ending was super cute! but the middle part of the book was boring ):

      Delete
  3. I've seen a few so-so reviews for this book which is sad because a lot of people seemed to be really excited for it, ah well, I'll probably still give it a go. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!