Monday, May 7, 2012

Review: Queen of the Dead (The Ghost and the Goth #2) by Stacey Kade

Title: Queen of the Dead
Author: Stacey Kade
Published May 31st 2011 by Hyperion Book CH
Goodreads | Amazon
___________________________________________


Okay so where we left off in The Ghost and The Goth everything was doing great, Alona and Will were in a good (if not romantic) relationship and I was having so much fun :D

Queen of the dead starts with a bang, Will and Alona go ghost hunting, there’s some making out in the first chapter and let’s face it I’m all up for that, so I was ecstatic. But then there was trouble in paradise, because if you recall, Will was supposedly the only ghost-talker in town…

that is until Mina Blackwell, with her tough attitude (and look), first appears and safes Will’s life by kicking major ghost ass.


So you can imagine Will was kind of starstruck, he has never seen another ghost-talker, much less a hot chick with the kind of technology that can trap ghosts in pieces for all eternity. You can also imagine Alona is less than thrilled, I mean is not only that she is jealous (which she is) is also that hello?! Mina is traping ghosts, and Alona is a ghost!

And a bit of a battle unfolds inside of Will, what is he supposed to believe? That helping the ghosts is his purpose- like Alona said. Or that helping the living, not caring about what ghosts want?- like Mina thinks. This would be much easier if only someone could give him the correct answers. Making matters worse, Alona wants to communicate with her parents to make sure they remember her and keep mourning her, Will refuses to spoil Alona’s parents current happiness ; So Will and Alona get into a huge fight over all of this, and Alona runs away.

I will have to spoil it, becausethere’s no other way I can provide a coherent review if I don’t say this, so close your ears eyes if you don’t want the book spoiled

Right now would be a good time to do it…


You’re warned…

Alona, in her stubbornness, cannot stop at anything to get what she wants, so she accidentally, ends inside the body of a comatose girl, Lily, who also happen to be one of Will’s old friends. While all of this is happening, Will is trying to find information about what is exactly he’s supposed to do as a ghost-talker with an organization called The Order, whose Mina’s father himself is running, and Will’s dad used to be the boss of (until he killed himself), so forgive Will if he’s trying to find some anwers.

Things get out of control when Will finds out what Alona has done, he’s really pissed and Alona is really freaking out, so they get into fight again.

But before any of them can catch a breath, The Order has found out about Alona inhabiting a living person’s body, and they don’t like it. So now, Will has to forgive and forget, and fast because Alona is in danger of being gone, forever.

You know, I liked this book, not as much as the first one, but it was entertaining and action-packed so I can’t complain. The thing is, things took at unexpected turn (at least for me) and I didn’t like that turn at all.  Because hello? Alona in Lily’s body is just wrong, and I want to thing to go back to the way they were.

Also, I thought the there’s other ghost-busters out there card would be played in more than one hand, if you know what I mean. They were a great addition to the story, and even the possibility of a love triangle was starting to grow on me, but none of that happen at all, it was blink and you missed it fast and suddenly it was all about body interchange, which like I said, I didn’t like at all, so let’s see what happens at the final book. *fingers crossed*


1 comment:

  1. I just finished the Ghost and the Goth! After reading your review I went straight to reading it and I liked it sooo much! I was just reading this review but arg! couldn't finish it because of your spoiler -.-

    I shall come back later and read it after I'm done with this book. I'll haunt you later :P

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!