Friday, December 28, 2012

Mini Review: Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti

title: Keep Holding On
author: Susane Colasanti
Published May 31st 2012 by Viking Juvenile
Goodreads // Amazon // BookDepo
__________________________________________



Very cute, very expected. Not saying that expected is bad, though. The book is all about standing up for yourself and dealing with your insecurities and accepting you for who you are, weird and all.

I think it’s a great book for tweens. The writing is easy and fast-paced. Although I have some complains because this book might as well be called a series of unfortunate events because that was all it was, a range of situations in which a teen girl was bullied and the correspondent expected reactions. It felt like a bunch of unfortunate events put together instead of a book, or a story, you know what I mean? It just lacked depth. And sometimes it felt more like a lecture than anything, for example, all those words Noelle says at the end, when she gets all inspirational? Way cheesy. And the romance was nonexistent. Julian is supposedly in love with Noelle (he actually dropped the L word, no kidding) but there’s no relationship build-up and we never get to see what is that makes him love her.

But I still think it is a good book for teens, and I hope they get more of it than I did. And I am 100% on board of this anti-bullying train, and it’s awesome that YA authors are taking a part and writing stories that could possibly help teens everywhere.



 

1 comment:

  1. I stopped reading Susane Colasanti when she released Something Like Faith. Her stories started out as cute, fast paced books with a clear storyline and then they just turned to a bunch of scenes plastered together. Especially because she writes by dates and constantly leave really big gaps :/

    meh, I'm skipping this one. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!