Sunday, January 20, 2013

Review: Blaze (Or Love in time of Supervillians) by Laurie B. Crompton

Title: Blaze
Author: Laurie Boyle Crompton
Expected publication: February 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks Fire
Contemporary YA
Goodreads // Amazon
________________________________



Blaze (or love in the time of supervillains) was what I thought it would be: Fun and fast. I liked the premise of good girl gets revenge in the form of an up and coming comic character. I also loved that Blaze was very girl next door but then when it was needed, she turned into a super hero.

Granted, I was kind of furious with her because her mistakes were so stupid and the whole sext-picture situation could have been skipped!. I was also really mad she took such a long time realizing Mark was a big jerk; but then again, at the end she learned a thing or two so maybe the journey was needed.

One thing I loved was how much I have in common with Blaze:

Exhibit a: we both have thirteen year old brothers.

Exhibit b: we are both in charge of driving said boys (see: exhibit a), and sometimes his friends, around town.

Exhibit c: I can’t believe I’m admitting this on the internet, we both drive a… minivan.
*gasp*
 
My favorite part about it all has to be Blaze’s brother’s gang: the band of thirteen year old boys who were sometimes disgusting, most of the time loyal and adorable. The last stunt they pulled was awesome, and my heart warmed with love for each of them.
 
I had an e-galley so I still don’t know how the final product looks. But let me tell you I was very impressed with the ones I saw, they look so cool!. Blaze’s description of her comic strip was also awesome; I could picture every single detail in my head.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!