Sunday, July 7, 2013

Review: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

Title: The Distance Between Us
Author: Kasie West
Published July 2nd 2013 by Harper Teen
___________________________________

Awwwh I've found a new book to put on my favorite's list. Because The Distance Between us couldn't be anything but, after all the swooning and the laughing it put me through. There was no way on earth I wouldn't fall in love with this book.


And I did. Hard. I love it enough to want to re-read it right now. Because it was a whole experience, more than just reading a story. It put me through the emotions of meeting an exciting new friend, of reconsidering options and choosing paths, of falling in love for the first time. It was the whole package. 

Caymen was the perfect heroine because we are all Caymens on the inside, hiding our insecurities behind our security blankets (in her case, her sarcasm) and trying to work out the courage to fight for what we want. I rooted for Caymen as soon as I met her, and my fist was up in the air when she got her happy ending. I laughed along her, got mad along her, I cared.

And then this sweet love story was pretty darn flawless. I fell in love with Caymen and Xander's relationship; their hilarious banter and the slow, almost painfully slow way it build up. I realized I was too invested when I caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror and it had that glow only brides and new moms have. Unmistakably, I was in it too deep.

So seriously, y'all need to pick up this contemporary jewel and add it to our collection because this book will brighten your day and your mood, and it will warm your heart and remind you of the fairy tales that are so amazing, it's really a cruelty they're only fiction.

Ps. After this I am so picking up Pivot Point.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!