Friday, August 23, 2013

Review: Winger by Andrew Smith

Title: Winger
Author: Andrew Smith
Published May 14th 2013 by Simon & Schuster
Goodreads | Amazon
____________________________________



I've been trying to write this review since the beginning of time* and yet I find myself unable to convert what my heart felt and turn it into words.

Because Winger will sure make you feel, a story of growing-up and going down and being lifted up and realizing you had a very wrong concept of how others perceive yourself.

I friggin loved Ryan Dean from the start. Even though my prejudice-filled mind was like "what the hell are you doing?! this is gonna be about a disgusting, hormonized boy your brother's age! abort! abort!" 

Well, Ryan Dean is a fourteen year old, and that's where my predictions ended because he is nothing like the cliché I imagined him out to be. BOY IS FREAKING AWESOME. No, seriously, you'll be cheering him up and rooting for him from page one. And then his comics (and his whole life basically) is hilarious. As in, get-me-some-diapers-I-might-lose-the-fight-with-incontinence funny. I was laughing so hard I forgot bad stuff happens in this world.

And I won't spoil you but let's just say I tried to hold back the tears...


but did not succeed...









* Meaning, since I read this book back in May.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I so need to read this!! Great review hun, I'm excited to pick this up (:

    Haley @ YA-Aholic

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!