Friday, December 13, 2013

Review: Countdown by Michelle Rowen

Title: Countdown 
Author: Michelle Rowen
Published October 1st 2013 by Harlequin Teen
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depo
_________________________________________ 


I haven’t read the original Countdown with its original adult characters but I did know of it before starting the new young adult version and I did find some parts to be quite off, like in some scene what the characters did or thought made them look older. But once I shook off the feeling, I did end up liking the book.

The story is really out there, brain implants are put into people’s heads so they can watch this hardcore reality show where people face these horrible and impossible tasks that they have to pass before the countdown is over. And this time the unlucky ones are two teenagers, Kira who is kind of a street rat, and Rogan, a mass murderer and current juvie convict.

Lots of action happen, and since the point of view is Kira’s, is really cool that we get to see the struggle she goes through during the game, not knowing if she can trust Rogan who is known for being one of the most awful criminals in history but is also helping her along the way.
I did think that the whole plot and some of what happened was completely unbelievable and so crazy that I couldn’t enjoy the story just because my head was like: “Oh noooooooo way, dude. No way.”


But at the end I really thought nothing was bad about it, about the book I mean, it’s not its fault that I am so cynical and hard to please. The truth is that I did like the story line, and the characters did make me care for them, so I can say that why I am usually not a fan of sci-fi, I did end up liking it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!