Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Review: Alienated by Melissa Landers

Title: Alienated 
Author: Melissa Landers
Expected publication: February 4th 2014 by Disney Hyperion
Goodreads | Amazon
Young Adult Fiction / Sci-fi / Dystopian
_____________________________________



Alienated is a book from Disney Hyperion and as a result, I expected tons of fun times and an easy breezy story. And I did got it. With a concept like an intergalactic high school exchange program one is bound to have a good time.

Cara is our human and Aelyx is our alien. Their personalities, cultures and races couldn't be more different, but somehow they found a way to coexist in the same house. But not without a few amusing clashes though.

While I liked the whole concept of this book, I just had a 'meh' time reading it. I don't know why but it never fully grabbed me. From all the explaining of the differences between the races and, especially, all the explaining of L'eihrs, I just couldn't make myself care. And there were many points where it just got so preachy I didn't want to even keep reading.

I got tired of hearing again and again all the ways these L'eihrs are so perfect and have all these awesome abilities and whatever. I mean I am no member of Humans Against L'eihrs Occupation but I still don't want to read the same thing on and on. But I pushed through and at the end the book as a whole wasn't so bad, I liked the characters and Aelyx was hot but I just thought overall it was too preachy for me.

So really, I don't know about this one, maybe if I were younger I would have enjoyed it more but at this point in my life it just didn't work for me, though who knows you might love it!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!