Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Review: Four Seconds To Lose by K.A. Tucker

Title: Four Seconds To Lose
Author: KA Tucker
Paperback, 400 pages
Published April 1st 2014 by Atria Books (first published November 4th 2013)
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depo
_____________________________________


 
Four Seconds to Lose is my first experience with a book by K.A. Tucker, and wow, I wish I would have been smarter and have grabbed them before because this one is amazing. Seriously, I have such a difficult relationship with New Adult books but it's books like this one that make me see why they are so popular.

The most outstanding thing about it is that it is hugely entertaining. I never once got bored, and I loved that the story progressed so quickly, you were never left hanging on any of the "mysteries" because they were always almost instantly resolved and yet not really because so many things were yet to be unraveled. I loved the main characters and I loved the dual point of view. Both Charlie and Cain were great characters; it takes talent to make characters likable when they do what these two do. But K.A. Tucker did it.

Another thing that I really, really loved was that Cain, our hero, was not a jerk. I can't even count how many times I've read a New Adult whose main male character is a "bad boy" (which nowadays seems to be a synonym for "huge jerk"). Cain was a genuinely good guy even if his job and past were edging the bad side. I loved Cain and his caring nature. And I also loved Charlie. She was so strong and brave and my heart ached for the lonely little girl living inside her. She might have been afraid most of the time but I could see her real strength shinning through.

Some might argue that the story was too over the top drama, and while that might be true what really counts is that it was so engaging and entertaining that it was impossible to put down. There were minor details that kept me from giving it five stars but they mostly have to do with personal pet peeves and not really with the story. I enjoyed the story and eat it up like it was, I don’t know, I guess any kind of delicious food. Totally recommended for New Adult fans.


 

 

Warning: This is a NEW ADULT book, and it contains scenes that are only for mature audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!