Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Review: Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby

Title: Things We Know By Heart 
Author: Jessi Kirby
Expected publication: April 21st 2015 by HarperTeen
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary, Drama
Goodreads | Amazon | The BookDepo

When I started Things We Know By Heart I wasn't sure of it. I mean I am never really fond of stories that start off with flash backs of a story that is no longer the focus. I mean I get that Quinn was depressed, her boyfriend died, but it was hard to imagine some teenage love that would spark more than four hundred days of a deep depression.

But I read on. I read and then Quinn was making bad choices that were taking her to some good ones. And the book suddenly became a new love story, a second chance story, for both Colton and Quinn, and things started looking up.

I really think this is my favorite Morgan book so far. The second half was a pleasure to read, and it went faster than I expected. It was thrilling and romantic and beautiful. And I thought it ended perfectly. Wrapping the book up in the story I wanted it to be from the beginning.

I really liked that it approached both sides of a transplant, donnor and receiver, and how both stories were blended. And although it was a very cute story, and very well written, I just don't think, at least to me, it is not that memorable, or one of those stories that just take your breath away. It was just another story to add to the pile of good contemporary novels out there.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, toots, though my visage is kinda, sorta handsome. Not beautifull.
    I know what you mean. Nevertheless...

    High, girl!
    Wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity of aplomBombs
    falling on thy indelible, magnificent, vigilant cranium?
    An XtraXcitinXpose with no
    zooillogical-expiration-date,
    with an IQ much higher than K2,
    and an extraordinarily, sawcy, rowdy victory??
    Here’s what the prolific GODy sed:

    “Faith, hope, and love,
    the greatest of these is love -
    jumpy into faith...
    and you'll see with love”
    Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe
    (what I write);
    God believes in you.
    God. Blessa. Youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL
    Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down…

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!