Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Review: No Love Allowed by Kate Evangelista

Title. No Love Allowed 
Author. Kate Evangelista
Published April 19th 2016 by Swoon Reads
Goodreads  .  Amazon
_________________________________



I hate to be blunt and say it, but I wasn't expecting much from No Love Allowed. I picked it up because I needed something to read in a short flight and the description reminded me of Pretty in Pink one of my favorite movies, and The Distance Between Us, one of my favorite books. So I thought hey, let's do it.

I'm glad I did because it was an adorable novel, going way deeper than I thought it would. From topics of suicide to bipolar disorder, it was all a roller coaster ride. I had a bunch of feelings reading through it, mostly I was torn between desperate worrying and having fun.

I thought the characters were well crafted. Especially those main two, who honestly stole my heart. The were the epitome of cute couples. I wanted them to win from the start, it's impossible to to root for them to work out after witnessing their connection and chemistry through all the conflict they were thrown into.

Overall a great read with quite a few surprising turns and a true description of mental illness. And a treat for all of us hopeless romantics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!