Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Review: Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton

Title: Diplomatic Immunity 
Author: Brodi Ashton
Expected publication: September 6th 2016 by Balzer + Bray
Goodreads / Amazon 
_____________________


Diplomatic Immunity is the tale as old as time of poor scholarship girl that falls for the cute rich boy. And like in all these cases, the strong headed heroine struggles to admit her feelings and therefore unravels a whole curse of sometimes fun, sometimes annoying situations.

Things I liked: 
That the story was set in Private School. I love Private School, maybe cause I never went to one, but is my guilty pleasure to read about the equestrian class.

That the hero was from Spain and had a cute accent.
I adore when we go out of our way to include other countries representation of people, just like America is in real life.
That it had a healthy family dynamic.
The heroine actually got along with her parents perfectly, and she loved her little autistic brother with whom she hangs out a lot.


Things I didn't like:

The heroines obsession with winning.
Ok I can get behind a healthy competitive personality, I am actually super competitive, but when she failed to realize she was hurting lots of people and still meant to do it, that's not ok.
That the story drags on. 
Yes, it's a bit on the repetitive side, this one. Especially going on and on about how the hero is great but has a girlfriend. Lol.


Despite my mild annoyance at some of this, I still managed to finish the book, which left me with quite a feeling of satisfaction so I figure it was worth it. And if your're into an international, posh cast of characters you might like it too. AND if you are into journalism you might even love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!